4.22.2011

Where did Print Preview in Google Docs go?

Once again: where did Print Preview in Google Docs go? I don't know...

According to Google's Community Manager @Google Docs Teresa Wu, "it's still there, just go straight to Print!". Hum...Where? She says "preview should be an option in your computer's native print window that pops up"...Still...What pop up? I don't get that!


Curiously, if I click Print nothing happens and if a choose Print Settings without including page numbers, nothing happens either; BUT if you choose to include page numbers, THEN a new tab will open the document's Print Preview. Confused?

But wait, there's more! For a newbie, how intuitive is to Print a pdf file without having any option to do it? It isn't! You will have to right click your document and select "Print".

Google knows better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same! Wtf google, i'm trying to SEE what my pages will turn out....

Unknown said...

It would be fine if native printing worked flawlessly, which it doesn't.

I hope that Google could fix this issue soon but I have to confess that the new paginated document view is a great improvement to see how the document looks like. ;)

Unknown said...

Ditto for me ,... also noticed create on a mac, and totally different on a pc... page breaks everything.. thus sharing a document cross platform is a mess, and without print preview it makes it worse